The Lee County Transportation Committee

 Members of the Committee-

Chairman- Tom Drayton

Committee Member- Andrew Moses

Committee Member- Al Holland

 The Lee County Transportation Committee appropriates state funding called “C” Funds for transportation projects in Lee County.

What is the "C" Program?

It's a partnership between SCDOT and the counties to fund local transportation projects, and improvements to state and county roads and city streets.

Where does the money come from? How is it allotted?

C Funds come from 2.66 cents per gallon of the state gasoline tax distributed to each of the 46 counties based on population, land area, and rural road mileage. Beginning July 1, 2018, the CTC's portion will increase .3325 cents per gallon, per year through 2021, when the total will equal 3.99 cents per gallon. This increase must be used exclusively for repairs, maintenance and improvements to the state highway system.

What is the formula for distribution of funds?

By law, counties spend at least 25 percent of their C funds on the state highway system for construction, improvements and maintenance. Proceeds from the increase in cents per gallon must be used exclusively for repairs, maintenance and improvements to the State Highway System. The remaining 75 percent of the “C” funding may be used for state or local road repairs, maintenance or improvements.

Who picks the Members of the CTC's?

Each County's Transportation Committee is appointed by the County's Legislative Delegation. Lee County’s Legislative Delegation consists of Sen. Gerald Malloy, Sen. Thomas McElveen and Rep. Will Wheeler.

Who picks the projects?

The County Transportation Committee (CTC) selects and approves projects to be funded.

The Committee typically meet quarterly and the meetings are open to the public.


Codered Mobile Alert

code red mobile alert | keep citizens informed