123 SOUTH MAIN STREET
PO BOX 24
BISHOPVILLE SC 29010
PHONE: 803-484-5341 EXT. 339
Michael A. Davis, Probate Judge
HOURS OF OPERATION
MONDAY - FRIDAY
9:00 - 5:00
The Probate Court is responsible for the following activities:
Probating the estates of deceased persons
Involuntary commitment of mentally incompetent and chemically addicted persons
Guardianships and Conservatorships of incapacitated adults and Conservatorships of minors
Issuance of marriage licenses
For Probate Court Administration Forms,
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, appointments are required.
ITEMS NEEDED TO OPEN AN ESTATE FOR PROBATE:
- Original Death Certificate
- Initial filing fee of $25. Remainder of probate fee will be assessed based on the inventory and appraisment value.
- Paid Funeral Bill
- Original Last Will and Testament
- Name, Address, and year of birth for all heirs and devisees. This means spouse, all children and anyone mentioned in the will.
- List of property owned by decedent. Includes real estate, vehicles, bank accounts, life insurance policies and retirement accounts.
- Copy of real estate deed, vehicle title, bank statement, insurance information and retirement statements.
- A $102 fee is required to be paid to the Lee County Observer for running Notice to Creditors in newspaper for 3 consecutive weeks.
- We accept cash, personal checks or money orders. No credit/debit cards.
- Please call 803-484-5341, Ext. 339 or 361 to make an appointment when you have all of the necessary documents.