In the future, please send or bring a self-addressed, stamped envelope for the return of your documents.  Please make sure the envelope is big enough for the documents.  

Also our mailing address is:
Regular Mail:     Lee County Register of Deeds
                                   PO Box 387
                                   Bishopville, SC 29010

UPS or FedEx:  Lee County Register of Deeds   
                                 123 South Main Street
                                  Bishopville, SC 29010
Clerk of Court/Family Court
Teresa Brown
PO Box 387
Bishopville, SC 29010-0387

Office: 803-484-5341 Ext. 3168
FAX : 803-484-1632
Cheryl Watkins, Caroline Truesdale
Criminal and Civil Dept.
Telephone:  (803) 484-5341 Ext. 3166 and Ext. 3163
Fax:  (803) 484-1632
Jackie Howard
Family Court
Telephone: (803) 484-5341 Ext. 3167
Fax: (803) 484-1632


In continuing with the growth of Lee County and the Clerk of courts office, my staff and I would like to thank you for the opportunity to serve as the Clerk of Court.  It is our pleasure to work for you and we look forward to serving you in the coming years.  We hope that you will give us input on how to make this site more user friendly so we can better assist the citizens of Lee County.

General Sessions / Criminal Court:

General Sessions is Criminal Court; this court houses documents such as criminal warrants, bond paperwork, motions and sentencing sheets.  This court has a close working relationship with other agencies such as the Solicitor’s office, the Public Defender’s office, the Probation, Pardon and Parole office, South Carolina Department of Corrections, and many more. You can apply for a Public Defender in our office by completing application along with a $40.00 application fee.   Our office does not provide record checks. However; we do provide a statement as to anything filed of record at a cost of $2.00. For assistance or more information please contact

Common Pleas/ Civil Court:

Common Pleas court is Civil Court: this office provides services such as filing civil disputes, scheduling civil actions and motion rosters, and they also update roster reports on the judicial website.  Lee County is also E-Filing which means you can review your case anywhere with internet access. For assistance or more information please contact         

Family Court/Child Support:

The Family Court office processes and manages wage withholding for court ordered or voluntary support cases.  Family Court handles many different types of cases such as divorce, domestic abuse, child support and alimony. Family Court works very close with State DSS Child Support Enforcement with developing cases that consist of paternity testing. They also provide information that assists the Lee County Sheriff’s office with serving outstanding warrants.  Unfortunately, we cannot answer certain questions over the telephone. For more information, please contact
Register of Deeds:
Please see Register of Deeds tab on the left.

 Frequently Asked Questions:

Do I have to serve on jury duty?
You must serve on jury duty unless:  You are over 65 and choose not to serve; you have provided a doctor's excuse stating that you have an illness that will not allow you to serve; you have a child unde the age of 7 and do not outside the home;  Any  other reason would have to be addressed by the judge presiding at the term.  Under certain circumstances, you may be transferred to another term of court.

How do I get a copy of my court record?
You may come into the office and copy anything that is public record.  There is a fee for copies of 50 cent per page with a minimum of $1 and an extra charge of $1 if a certified copy is needed. 

I need a record check (criminal, civil or otherwise).
Our office does not provide record checks.  We do provide a statement as to anything filed of record at a cost of $2.00.  The individual requesting the statement must come in with their ID. 

Can I make my child support payment in this office?
We can no longer accept any child support payments here in this office.  The only payments accepted are purge payments.  Child support payments must be mailed to SC State Disbursement Unit, PO Box 100302, Columbia, SC 29202-3302.  If you have any questions, you may call 1-800-768-5858.

How do I start a child support case?
The below link will is the required application for Child Support services.




Codered Mobile Alert

code red mobile alert | keep citizens informed